Flatten? Unroll?

Trying to flatten the windows of a car. I would like to print on water slide decals. The windows would be black. I tried some options but can not get to print, getting the grid inside not solid color?

Hi Lawrence -
I suspect we need more information from you to understand what this is about. Is this a rendering question or a modelling question?
Please post a simple 3dm file and, perhaps, a sketch of what you are trying to achieve.
-wim

irocz windows.3dm (124.0 KB)
These are the windows I’m trying to flatten and print. It seems the render stuff just makes them real fuzzy? I tried the demo of smartunfold and have had luck flattening them but can’t get that to print either?
If someone can do that n let me know I would greatly appreciate it!

Larry

Well I guess it technically works to use MeshToNURB to convert it and then to UnrollSrf(with Explode set to No.)

I would question, though, if this process is going to be accurate enough to be useful as opposed to just, say, looking at the side windows from some angle as just a flat projection.

I’ve 3D scanned car windows and some of them appear to be doubly curved.

Kangaroo can be used to flatten a mesh…

How do you plan on applying the decals and are the windows mounted on the car or just pieces of car glass where you could trim excess with a utility knife?