FindFile not finding a texturemap

Hi

If I import a 3ds file into Rhino5, which has a texturemap in the same folder, Rhino is showing that texturemap in the Material tab. material.GetBitmapTexture() returns the texturemap, but no folder. Using Rhino.RhinoDoc.ActiveDoc.FindFile(material.GetBitmapTexture().FileName is returning null. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Rhinocommon 5.

Thanks

Paul

Bump to the top - wondering if anyone has a solution to this pls.

Is the texture map in the same folder as the 3ds file? If so, then the texture will not be found. Once the import has succeeded, the “current file” is in a different location to the texture map, and as a result, the searching will not work.

There is code in V5 to resolve this situation. Specifically, the fully qualified path is meant to be added so that the texture can be found. It seems not to be working in this case. I will log a bug and try to figure out why it doesn’t happen.

Just to be sure, what is the version number of Rhino that you are using? We recently fixed an issue in this area.

Yes, the texturemaps are in the same folder as the 3ds geometry file.

Rhino5 (SR4 from memory).

OK - I’m able to repeat it here. The material previewer finds it, but the display doesn’t - and I know why that happens. The previewer is slightly smarter - but the problem is that by the time the view gets to look for the material, the information about where the image is has gone.

I will take a look at fixing this for SR6

So sorry for bugging you about this - but this problem is causing some issues for me. Are you able to confirm that it is rectified in SR6, or will a fix take longer?

Thanks (and sorry again for hassling you).

Paul