Hi, I’m new to Rhino and have been exposed to it for a few weeks. I’m working on model for my product design class and I’m having trouble making it come alive. This is what the physical model looks like:
Some more views just to clarify:
I started working on this model two weeks ago and since then I’ve been stuck. I’ll explain what I’ve done so far in Rhino.
- I drew the front view cross section profile
- I drew the side view profile
- I disregarded the top view because after several hundred attempts it became too complicated for me to incorporate
- I extruded the front view curve and side view curve so that they intrsect.
- I then used the trim command to get rid of the excess extruded material
- I ended up with this:
I have tried using the boolean split command and I do not get a result.
I tried to fillet the edges but an error message pops up telling me there is a failure in bulding corners.
At this point, I’m not sure what to do and how to go about completing this thing. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve attached the file for reference.
11:10.3dm (2.5 MB)