FilletEdge

I use FilletEdge with DistFromEdge. Why is the preview different from the result?
2019-03-26_162427
2019-03-26_162520

Hi - can you post the 3dm file? Thanks!

1 Like

Hello - the ‘Handle’ shows a rolling ball fillet cross section of the specified radius - with edges other than rolling ball style, the radius/handle number is interpreted as the ‘distance from edge’ etc and the actual fillet radius is adjusted to suit that. Use the Preview=Yes/No for a more correct view of the fillet…

-Pascal

1 Like

Is that okay? But I still do not understand the logic …
@wim, It seems the file is unnecessary

Hello - it is not so much logic as simplified - the radius you enter is shown by the arc in the white ‘handle’ and this is also the arc of a rolling ball fillet. But on DistanceFromEdge, that radius is not used as a radius it is used as a distance from edge, but the handle’s arc is still showing it as a radius - I think the thing to do it not consider it to be a preview (there is a real preview) but a graphic indication of the radius number.

-Pascal

But why Roll radius is real, and Edge is already smaller and does not correspond to reality?
roll
edge

You’re correct, DistanceBetweenRails is showing the correct radius in the handle - I never noticed that before, so the one you point out - ‘DistanceFromEdge’, is using the ‘DistancBetweenRails’ handle size. I’ll see if it can be tuned up, I don’t know.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-51637
thanks,

-Pascal

2 Likes

Thank! :+1: