Fed up with my mouse

New model dropping soon. Time with tell if this Logitech will return the build quality of earlier iterations of the MX, or not.

And some Apple-esk industrial design image/video splash here:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-master

1 Like

looks like theyā€™re doing away with all the thumb buttons?

itā€™s hard to tell whatā€™s going on with the new mx buttons:
?

but the mx performance is sweet for rhino as far as putting macros/commands on thumb buttonsā€¦ i use all 4 of these in rhino

(osnap panel toggle, zoom target, zoom selected, and zoom extents all)

Had the same thought. I interpreted two buttons behind the thumb wheel and the one big thumb button. If the wheel is also a button youā€™ll retain your 4 for the thumb, otherwise 3.

Hoping the build quality is more like the old MX Laser, rather than the MX Performance.

ā€¦and then there are gestures. Perhaps those could be ā€œbuttonsā€ in Rhino too???
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/articles/mx-master-immersion-guide

[quote=ā€œec2638, post:23, topic:18027ā€]
Had the same thought. I interpreted two buttons behind the thumb wheel and the one big thumb button. If the wheel is also a button youā€™ll retain your 4 for the thumb, otherwise 3.[/quote]
tbh, iā€™d be ok with two since i mostly use only two these days (Zoom Target didnā€™t work on certain macs for quite some time but now that itā€™s working, i mostly use that oneā€¦ i also get to my Osnaps via a thumb button)

neatā€¦ so itā€™s press what appears to be the giant thumb button which is on the mxperformance in combination with mouse direction for their version of a gestureā€¦
so yeah, maybe itā€™s even more customizable than the revolution or perfromance.

anyway- thanks for pointing out the new versionā€¦ iā€™ll keep an eye on it.

If you use MMB often, I donā€™t recommend Logitech.

I use Logitech Trackball M570, and I find it great. And after about a year, yeear and a half the left button starts giving double clicking most of the time, so I toss it and buy another one, considering this a necessary cost for having an excellent tool. I disposed of 4 already.
Big advantage of the trackball over the mouse is to me:

• less problem with carpal tunnel (almost non-existing, but sore thumb sometimes)
  • more precise control in fine detail
  • I lift the thumb and the cursor stays in place, that doesnā€™t happen with any mouse I tried
  • faster and more precise cursor move from one side to the other of the Hi-res screen
  • really great for rhino

Hope it can be of any help to somebody
Roberto

Iā€™ve been using the Steel Series Sensei. Settings (tracking speed etc) and Rhino macros store on board the mouse, I have a two speed programmable cpi button and seven programmable buttons in all. So I have three of these, all identical, all interchangeable . I have large hands and the Sensei is comfortable at roughly 5+ inches long. Iā€™m a lefty so symmetric mice are mandatory.

Frank C.

I have a Steel Series and Iā€™m very happy with it. In fact, itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve been excited by a mouse - Iā€™ve never given them much thought before. But this mouse is incredibly responsive and comfortable. A major improvement.

I use a Logitech track ball for the same reason. I have one each side and reverse the buttons. That way I can share the work between the two hands and get very little discomfort.

No MMB on the Marble mouse but I have never used it anyway so not a problem for me.

Hello,
Could you please tell me how you are assigning functions so that they work on the g700? I am able to program the buttons but if I use say ā€œmoveā€ it prompts me for the first point, I click and it moves a random small increment instead of asking me for the second point. Any advice very welcome! thank you.

I am not in front of my computer but I guess I have done the following:
On the G700, I have a button associated to ā€œEndā€. This button is the
horizontal scroll to right but you may use another one.
In Rhino, in the options/keyboard, I have mapped End to _Move.

Thanks for the reply and the help. i tried both ā€œmoveā€ and _move and have my third top clicking button to end (enter). However the issue occurs when it seems to automatically select a second point to ā€œmove toā€.

I thought this could be an issue with a bug in double click, in fact there was a bug with this relate to static build up and I did the fix for that but its still happening.

Any other thoughts would be very welcome.

If itā€™s anything like my venerable left-handed Logitech MX, the behaviour you describe is down to the microswitch clicking twice even though you think youā€™ve only clicked once. Try blasting some compressed air up underneath the buttons and in and around the hole where the scroll wheel protrudes. Sometimes that clears the problem. If itā€™s got a lot of mouse miles on it you can also try to replace the microswitches (easily found on ebay) but itā€™s a fiddly job to unsolder the old ones.

CadMouse Wireless ( 3Dconnexion): Has anyone got their hands on one yet?

Opinions (?)ā€¦ specifically in comparison to the top of the line past/present Logitechs - MX Laser, MX Performance and MX Master?

Never tried the wired CadMouse (done with wires wherever possibe). Have both the MX Laser and Performance. Prefer the weight/feel of the older Laser. Sheā€™s still going (but for how long?) as Iā€™m close to wearing divots into the buttonsā€¦

https://www.3dconnexion.com/cadmouse_wireless

http://www.develop3d.com/blog/2017/09/3dconnexion-wireless-cadmouse

TIA for any future review hereā€¦

Edit specs:

Well, it wonā€™t have the weight ā€˜feelā€™ at 110g (MX Laser is 160g) and is smaller:

CadMouse
Length: 110mm
Width: 67mm
Height: 38mm
Approximate Weight: 110g

MX Laser (old)
Length: 124mm
Width: 77mm
Height: 45mm
Approximate Weight: 160g