Feature request - Print transparent PNG or TIFF for Layouts

Hi,

This is just a quick feature request for printing. Transparent images could be useful for further improvements of the architectural elevations in Photoshop or similar software.

The -ViewCaptureToFile command has a TransparentBackground=Yes option. Are you looking for something else?

Hi Wim ,

I would like to print mainly save the layout into PNG or TIFF that has transparent feature because I would like to place a background picture behind the facade in Photoshop to make it more stylish.

Hi onrender - would anything that is ‘paper’ be transparent, is that the idea? Or anything that is not in a detail, or?
thanks,
-Pascal

1 Like

I mean to add alpha channel when we print from layout sheets in PNG.

For example. We have a simple cube on an infinite plane and on layout in Perspective Front view above infinite plane everything would be transparent so we can put background image behind regardless of Rhino background setting or if Rhino background is set to transparent.

Hi onrender, I understand the concept, I am not sure exactly how it applies to layouts - would it only apply to details that are in a shaded mode, for instance?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I think, both on details and layout as well. Because layout is good to export scalable drawings in image format (of course vector would be better:) ) So the white paper would be transparent too.

you lot have thought of everything. This is a revelation.

Right now i’m facing the same problem, i need to output layout as PNG on transparent background with precise size and proportions.

Is this feature already available?

1 Like

Hi all, any chance this feature will be implemented? if I print from layout with pdf printer the background is actually transparent, however I would love to export directly with png while still having transparent background because I have a lot of layouts to export and converting all the pdfs in png is very cumbersome.

1 Like