Fastest Xeon "W" CPU for Rhino 6?

Does anyone have any experience with the Intel Xeon “W” CPU range & Rhino 6 ? I’m specifically interested in the W-2125 CPU, which on paper is the fastest CPU I can find for Rhino. Feel free to correct me if you know otherwise, or if I’m missing something. Thanks for your help.

@neilpoulton

It looks like the fastest Xeon for single-threaded workloads at the moment. The cache hierarchy seems to differ a little bit from a Skylake/Kaby Lake/Coffee Lake i7. Not a big deal.

Only real difference: ECC support, you pay more ánd you need a more expensive motherboard.

If you want the fastest Intel CPU for single threaded workloads ánd you want ECC memory (which is a good thing) ánd you happen to live next to a money tree, then buy this CPU. :grinning:

@neilpoulton

Btw, any AMD Ryzen CPU (not the APUs) supports ECC memory. Luckily, some AM4 motherboards do support it quite nicely. (I haven’t tested this myself.) Unfortunately, it isn’t supported officially, meaning: no official testsuite. (Someone please correct me if i’m wrong.)

I don’t know how Rhino on Ryzen compares to Intel, clock-for-clock.

Hi @neilpoulton,

I like this site:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Cheers

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com