Fastest way to create wrinkles around a closed curve?

What is the fastest way to create wrinkles around a closed curve? Say for example I am thinking of a BeefSteak Tomato.

Have a look at the ideas in this thread:

Hi Justin - I am not sure if this will do exactly what you want but you can try this script. To use the script, extract and save the .rvb file from the attached zip archive, then drag and drop the saved rvb over an open Rhino V4 or v5 window. This will load the script, set it up to load on startup in the future and register the alias

NoisifyCurve

that will run the script much like a regular command. An alias can be typed or added to a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut (F-key). I’d use Soft or Medium noise and wide spacing and a high value, if I understand your request. The image shows the effect on a rectangle.

NoisifyCurves.zip (1.9 KB)

I

Thanks I will give it a try. I have already manually created funny irregular shapes like that and have not got it to work to my standards anyway…

RevCloud?

‘Revision Cloud’ is also bugged. When using I cannot finish the command by pressing enter or escape from the command by pressing ‘escape’. It just forces me to keep making cloud shapes indefinately. Also does not seem to work with Loft.

Pressing Enter (keyboard, space bar, or right-mouse click), or picking a closing point back at the start of that RevCloud sequence, will all finish the command.
Escape will cancel the command and draw nothing.

At least that is the intended behavior and what my system does.

When I closed and restarted Rhino 5, the bug seems to have disappeared.

Don’t know what happened…

Ok, after restarting Rhino 5. it seems to work again. Probably will work for something. ‘Curve from Network’ tool wasn’t able fully close around the curves though.

Do you mean the Surface from Curve Network (NetworkSrf) command?

If you want to post your curves someone can have a look and perhaps offer suggestions.

You can also press “C” to close. You can also convert an existing curve to a 'cloud,"