The Facades+ conference series is a robust dialogue encompassing all things building skin—bridging the profession, industry, academia, operations, and ownership. The best of the Facades+ 2-day event is distilled into a quick-take morning forum with a definite local flair. The program includes three sessions covering issues unique to the region, including innovative building skins, high-performance facades, and Miami’s newest projects. These well- rounded, expert dialogues will inform and inspire.
Some of the questions this conference will address are:
- How are architects incorporating regional sensibility into the apparatus of the building envelope?
- What technologies are being tapped?
- What processes are required to bring these to the market?
- At the other end of the spectrum, innovation is inspired by vernacular approaches. How are these vernaculars transformed, and what is the role of technology and building code in effecting these transformations?
- Finally, there is a category of buildings that manifests the learning/adaptation processes of architecture itself. Facades are often rebuilt, transmuted, or even exchanged. What are the factors determining this process today?
Listen to the experts and be a part of this engaging discourse!