Extruding all around

I’m making a grip for a hearing device and wanted to create a nice extruded contour all the way around. but it seems as if its only moving towards the x I want it to extrude frontwards

the file links are here:
exrtusion.gh (9.9 KB)
and the rhino file of the model:

Also here is an similar example of what I am trying to create…

!

Hi Dillon

I cannot help you if you should upload your file.

Hey, I updated the post with an example and the files, sorry if I didn’t set a duration on the post, my deadline is Sunday, November 11th

Hi dcn7277

I didn’t know why you used mesh so I created it with surface for extrude frontwards.
Please check uploaded file.

exrtusionV2.gh (10.0 KB)

Thank you, I seen what you did. Would I loft them together to make a surface? like those pictures I put in the post

@Reo Thank you, I seen what you did. Would I loft them together to make a surface? like those pictures I put in the post

You could do something like this (see attached).

exrtusionV3.gh (11.7 KB)

Thank you, that works, I was wondering how to connect it together as a surface where it shoes the indention of the extrusion …

I really want to create this type of texture that is below

@Adam_M

There is a solid in there which has the indentations in it. Are you looking for an open polysurface instead of a solid?

I’m looking for a solid

@Adam_M I’m sorry if I’m a bit bothersome I’m new to grasshopper

The component highlighted in the image above is the solid you are looking for…I think. If you Bake that object into Rhino, you will see the solid.

@Adam_M I see it, but the extruded lines are not continuous up the body

You just have to try different approaches until you get to what you are looking for.

Here I changed the vector input for the Contour component to 60deg.

exrtusionV4.gh (12.5 KB)

On my screen it docent shown that line continuity when I highlight that component

Strange. Maybe it is an issue with tolerance settings.

how would I fix that? @Adam_M

@Adam_M I tried changing the tolerances didn’t change nothing is there anyway you can bake it for me and email it to me, it’s not working

Here you go.

Grip.3dm (1.6 MB)