Extrude curve with preselect crv/block

How to extrude a curve/ block along a line by creating a clicking button?

For example, in the attached picture I have a block “L”. Now I would like to extrude it along a curve. The usual process (selecting the block each time and selecting crv) is really time-consuming for many lines. So, I was thinking of creating a button- clicking on which will preselect my specified block, and then I can use it to extrude curve along multiple curves at a time. I guess a python script may help.

Is there any kind heart person to help me solve the problem?

1 Like

Hello - the block aspect is not important here correct, you’d like to ExtrudeCrvAlongCrv a single curve on multiple paths, is that correct?

-Pascal

1 Like

Yes please. block aspect is not imprtant

Hello - see if this quick and dirty python does the job -
ExtrudeAlongMultipleCurves.py (605 Bytes)

To use the Python script use RunPythonScript, or a macro:

_-RunPythonScript "Full path to py file inside double-quotes"

-Pascal

2 Likes

Hi Pascal, You are a genius! :heart_eyes: It is awesome but there is one problem. When I use it, the extrude objects come all at the same point. However, I would like to get extruded objects in their respective place. Let me explain more with an example.

In the picture attached you may see the created objects are coming all in one position. However, I would like to get Object 1 in line 1, Object 2 along Line 2. Is it possible with your dirty ( :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:) python skill?

thanks a lot again.

Hello - it is certainly possible but leads to some complication - knowing, for example, where you want the shape curve to be, relative to the path - there is an automatic thing that happens in that command, as you see, - from your original comments, it seemed that the selection was the tedious part and not placing the curves in the right relationship for your needs.

-Pascal