Extend the height of the column same as the top of the wall

Hi Guys,

Is there a way that I can trim or extend the height of my columns same
as the top of my walls?

Thanks,

Depending on the geometry and angle, you can get the wall profiles, extrude them in a perpendicular dimension for each wall, then get the Column curves > trim them using the extruded geometry and reinput the inside curves into element curve component… let me know if that works for you.

EDIT: Hmmm… you can also project the column curves to the wall surface closest to it and then take the resulting curve height, projection direction could be column curve middle and surface closest point… since you are dealing with vertical height projection this way shouldn’t affect it.

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks, I managed to project the height, but it didn’t extend some columns properly?

Cheers

I see the column curves(green lines) seem to have the correct height in Rhino view, so I am wondering if this is something that has to do with your data tree being mixed up where curves are not aligned with the correct column?.. would be hard to check with this image

Also, are you using structural column families or structural framing, were you need to sort join cut back ?