Exporting Visual Arq section as DWG

Hello,
Is it possible to export the Visual Arq section as a DWG file? I can print the scaled section to PDF or raster from the Rhino layout, but would like to generate the section as a 1:1 DWG, so that it can be worked on by others.
Kind regards
Chris

Hello @chris3,

Yes, if you create a Section View in the model you can select it and go to “File” > “Export Selected” to save it as dwg.

Kind regards,
Alfonso

Thanks Alfonso,
This only exports the section tag / jog line in plan view - the actual section as displayed in the Visual arq section viewport is not exported. Am I missing something?
Thanks
Chris

Hello,

Maybe you selected the Dynamic Section object to export. I meant you could export a Section View. Here you have some information about how to create it: 4.2 Create Section Views - VisualARQ

Once you have it in your model, you can export it as I described in my last post.

Regards,
Alfonso

Hello,

Yes, it exports the selected geometry but it includes hatches, colours, lineweights… Maybe I’m not understanding the question, could you show an example of a similar result of what you expect from this tool?

Thanks Alfonso,
I see how it works now. Apologies for the confusion and thanks.
Also, Fransesc mentioned that in VA 2.11, there will be an option to cut a true section without projection beyond. This is a very important feature for us - will it be released soon?
Thanks
Chris

Hello,

Yes, a feature to get a section without projection has already been implemented and hopefully it will be released in a few weeks.

Regards,
Alfonso