Export to Revit with Grasshopers/Rhino.Inside

Hello all,

Is there a collection of Grasshopper files (.gh) that contain commands to load all walls, slabs, columns, etc… directly into Revit using the Rhino.inside tool ? I would be very glad to have your help.

Many greetings
Boris

deepl.com - Englisch - Deutsch

Hello @Boris_87,

We are working on it and we will publish a Gh definition soon. For now, you can find the information we have published about this here:

Gh definition to import Revit types as VisualARQ styles: https://www.food4rhino.com/en/resource/revit-types-visualarq-styles?lang=es

Videos about VisualARQ inside Revit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6B2W_gggME&list=PLLfTyZ7LBWcwmAqPuh4wRJA8pTKTLcmEi

Hello Alfonso

Thank you very much for your help. It would make me very happy. Maybe you can help me with this? Attached is a .zip file with a simple sample object. It is an IFC file from VisualARQ and one from Revit. Do you know why the wall connections in Revit are partially incorrect?

IFC.zip (89.1 KB)
Musterobjekt_für_Forum.3dm (3.3 MB)

Many greetings
Boris

Hello @Boris_87,

The walls which are not being correctly connected are those where you have performed a solid addition, so IFC exports them as solids tagged as walls, this is why Revit is not connecting them with the other walls.

This is an IFC issue, so there is nothing we can do for now. As a workaround, you could avoid doing the solid addition to the walls and export the solids as independent objects; this way walls would have their connections properly made.

Hello Alfonso

Thank you for your explanation regarding solids and BIM walls. I have tried it briefly. Theoretically, when I model the stuccos in an old building, I will classify them as non-load bearing walls. But they are recognized as walls in Revit. 100x better than modeling in Revit…

The GH definition for importing Revit types is awesome!
My question about this. For me Rhino/Grasshopers only recognizes slabs as import. I have Rhino 7 and import from Revit 2020.

Thank you very much for your help!

Boris

Translated: DeepL.com (free version)

Hello @Boris_87,

What do you mean? Please, could you send me some more information about this?

Revit 2020

Grasshopers

REVIT_Wände_Boden_Decke_Fenster_zu_Rhino_Visual_ARQ.gh (118.5 KB)

Link zur Revit Datei - 5 Tage gültig: Droppy - der kostenlose schweizer online file sharing Dienst um grosse Dateien wie Videos, Audios, Bilder oder auch große Dokumente bis zu 10GB kostenlos ohne anmeldung online zu versenden (40MB)

Many greetings
Boris

Hello @Boris_87,

I have been looking at this with Revit 2020. As for doors and windows, this definition requires that every window or door type have an instance created in the Revit file (this will be fixed in future versions of this gh definition).

As for the other objects (roofs, slabs and walls), do you have any other Revit files opened while running the Gh definition? This definition is running with the Revit document you make active, if you change the Revit file, maybe you will need to recompute the Gh definition (you can do this by right-clicking on the Gh canvas and selecting “Recompute”).

Hello Alfonso

Thank you very much for your help. I have tried it. What I don’t understand is " an instance is created in the Revit file".

Unfortunately it still does not work… Something I am doing wrong…

Many greetings
Boris

Hello @Boris_87,

Is there any component in the Gh definition displaying an error (coloured in orange or red) while you are running it? If it is, please, let me know.

We can meet for a zoom call tomorrow to look at this, let me know if you are available and I’ll send you a link.

Hello Alfonso

Thank you very much, for your help. I appreciate it very much!

I have given you screen captures.

I would love to have a Zoom Cal session with you. But my English is not enough for this unfortunately… Also, my computers with Rhino, Revit, etc… are not connected to the Internet (Closed security network). Thanks again for your offer!

Many greetings
Boris

Hello @Boris_87,

Walls and roofs should work fine with this new definition:
revittovastyles_fixed.gh (119.9 KB)

Please, let me know if it is working fine and I’ll reupload it to Food4Rhino.

As for doors and windows, I need more information. I need to know which data are you getting from these two components (you can see that by connecting the output of each component to a Panel component). I would also need to know which message is the orange component displaying in the right upper bubble.

1 Like

Hallo Alfonso,

Vielen Dank! So Toll! Wal, Floor und Roof funktionieren :slight_smile:

Ich hoffe, ich habe es richtig übersetzt. Hier sind weitere Bildschirmaufnahmen.

Nochmals Vielen Dank!

Viele Grüsse
Boris

Hello @Boris_87,

You need to create an object of the doors and windows whose type you need to import to Revit. What I mean is that if you need to import the Door type “TU Durchgang”, you will need to create a door with that type in the Revit document and recompute the Gh file afterwards.

Hello Alfonso,

I am sending you more screen shots.

Thanks for your help

Many greetings
Boris

Hello @Boris_87,

I have been working on it to fix these errors, thank you for reporting it. The definition I am sending you now should be working fine; please, let me know if it is working fine with your file.

revittovastyles_fixed2.gh (105.3 KB)

Hello Alfonso,

Thank you very much! Now I can also import the windows and doors (Active) into Rhino/VisualARQ. But I still have one question. Is it normal that VisualARQ walls does not recognize the windows and doors? Is it because they are blocks and not parametric objects?

Rhino :slight_smile:

Revit

Many greetings
Boris

Hi @Boris_87,

Nice!

What do you mean it doesn’t recognize them? Could you send me one example? What the Grasshopper definition is doing is creating VisualARQ styles from blocks, so they should be recognized.

1 Like

I was a bit too fast… See my screen shots to which I have added.

Many greetings
Boris

It looks like the door is working fine, is it? I see the problem with the window, could you send me the Revit file with that window so that I can check what is happening? You can send it to visualarq@asuni.com if you prefer not to send it here.