Export SVG print width uncontrollable

Hi there wizard friends,

I’m on the hunt for some good advice. I’ve been struggling to export as SVG for a while now. This file is so simple that I really can’t find the error. I’ve tried rebuilding curves (mostly to get a cleaner SVG in a browser) and changed layer print width, projected to c plane and deletedd original. I just don’t get it. When I go to export and the print panel comes up, the widths are all messed up.

What I’d like is a nice consistent print width that I’ve chosen without having to rescale in the print panel, and a smooth res SVG. (I’ve tried going up to 600dpi as Pascal i think suggested in another thread)

Any suggestions gratefully received.

best

simple4.3dm (227.4 KB)

Hi Giles -

The export settings are not saved in the file and so I have no way of knowing which settings that you used. When I open the file and export the curves, the preview looks like this when I set the size to 100 x 10 and the view to Extents:

… which is pretty much what I would expect.

I’m not sure what you mean by that.
-wim

Hi Wim,

I also used Custom 100 x 10, then vector, print colour, Window (not extents), scale 1:1, margins all 0, match pattern definition.

and this is the result:
test

RE the last point, I mean I’d like to be able to pick my line weights/print width in the layer, then know that if I select pattern definition (is that what it means?), and scale 1:1, all the lines would be as specified in the layer. But this doesn’t seem to be the case. I wondered if I was doing something wrong?

EDIT: just been back through and I’d set the print width to 2 in properties and not spotted it :flushed: Sorry for that!

thanks for your help.

best

Giles

1 Like