Expert interface mode / move command box elsewhere when left sidebar hidden

I’m a long time professional rhino user, and as such, I never use the tool palettes - they are just a waste of screen real estate for me (and others like me). but there is no way to hide the left slide-out sidebar without also losing the command box. if i hide the left sidebar, then start typing a command, it pops out again. Can we just have it move to either the title bar at the top, or status bar at the bottom when the sidebar is hidden? also, it would be great to be able to move the osnaps checkboxes to the status bar or title bar (I know i can click the button in the titlebar, but i like to be able to see which are on/off all the time. An ideal option would be an ‘expert’ mode interface, which deleted the osnap/properties/layer buttons in the titlebar (not needed as I always have the right sidebar open showing layers and properties), and abbreviates the buttons for Gridsnap,Ortho,Planar,Smarttrack,Gumball, History just to single letters so they dont take up much space.

There are many other interface optimisations that could be done, but these are the big ones.

Cheers,
Ben

hi Ben
Do you have a reason no to use the > Options > Theme > Use command option dialog. ?
then it won’t pop open the side bar.

And yes that bar with the indicator buttons, would be great if it is improved/cancelled and the useful bits moved elsewhere… like having these indicator buttons smaller, and down on the status bur.
Having it off, I do miss the visual indication for the Gridsnap,Ortho,Planar,Smarttrack,Gumball, History.

thanks for bringing this up

Akash

Hi Akash, yes, i can use the command dialog, but actually i find this even more annoying, because after you type the command, it disappears and the command options dialog pops up, in a completely different spot, which drags your attention all over the interface. ideally, the command box would just be in the top right of the title bar, and the command options would just appear in the top panel of the right sidebar while it was active (temporarily replacing the properties panel perhaps)

thinking again about OSnaps, perhaps having an osnaps panel that can be made visible in the right sidebar at the bottom m(so you would have three panels visible in the right sidebar, which most of the time for me would be Properties, Layers and OSnaps.

but actually i find this even more annoying, because after you type the command, it disappears and the command options dialog pops up, in a completely different spot, which drags your attention all over the interface.

Yes the Command search popping out in the middle of the view port is not nice. A requested to make it Location-Remembering same as the command options are, so it all pops up in the same corner/location of ones choosing, has circulate here before but don’t know if it made it to Mcneel’s to do pile.

thanks
Akash