Exact Scaling

Good morning or afternoon…

I am attempting to scale a drawing I made of a train car. I drew it in Rhino 6 at full size. Now I want to scale it to export it as a DXF to import into my CNC software for cutting. I want to take the full size drawing and scale it to 1:25.

Cheers and Thank you in advance.

Select the drawing, run the command Scale, type 1/25 in the command line, choose an origin point for the scale and Enter. Then Export, and Undo to get back to the original 1:1 scale.

Or, select all, and with the Gumball active, shift+click on one of the scale handles, enter 1/25 in the box and Enter. Then Export, and Undo to get back to the original 1:1 scale.

1 Like

Hello,
If you are doing this regularly then here is a script I made to simplify repeat transformations between full- and model-scale

Thank you Helvetosaur this does what I needed it to do. I did not realize I could input the scale that way…1/25. Thank you and I hope you have a great day

Graham
Thank you for the post but that is more advance then I am ready for at this time. I think this post will stay in my profile so I can and hopefully will come back to it in the future. Thank you.