Exact positioning of value list controls

Hello,

I am having a hard time understanding how to position properly an automatically added control (a value list in my case) relative to its parent component.

What I would like to do is load one or many predefined value list when I put my component on the canevas for the first time.

How would you achieve a constant margin (say 30px) between the left part of a component and the right part of a value list ?

public override void AddedToDocument(GH_Document document)
    {
        if (Params.Input[3].SourceCount == 0)
        {
            // Perform Layout to get actual positionning of the component on the canevas
            this.Attributes.ExpireLayout();
            this.Attributes.PerformLayout();

//instantiate new value list
            var control = new Grasshopper.Kernel.Special.GH_ValueList();
            control.CreateAttributes();
            control.NickName = "Load Direction";

//populate value list with our own data
            control.ListItems.Clear();
            control.ListItems.Add(new Grasshopper.Kernel.Special.GH_ValueListItem("X", "0"));
            control.ListItems.Add(new Grasshopper.Kernel.Special.GH_ValueListItem("Y", "1"));
            control.ListItems.Add(new Grasshopper.Kernel.Special.GH_ValueListItem("Z", "2"));
            control.ListItems.Add(new Grasshopper.Kernel.Special.GH_ValueListItem("XX", "3"));
            control.ListItems.Add(new Grasshopper.Kernel.Special.GH_ValueListItem("YY", "4"));
            control.ListItems.Add(new Grasshopper.Kernel.Special.GH_ValueListItem("ZZ", "5"));
            control.ToggleItem(2);

// get the correct bounds of the populated value list 
            control.Attributes.ExpireLayout();
            control.Attributes.PerformLayout();

//customise value list position

var x = (float)this.Attributes.Bounds.Left - control.Attributes.Bounds.Width / 2 - 30;
            var y = (float)Params.Input[3].Attributes.Pivot.Y - control.Attributes.Bounds.Height / 2; // 11 is half the height of the control
            control.Attributes.Pivot = new PointF(x, y);

// add to doc and connect
            document.AddObject(control, false);
            Params.Input[3].AddSource(control);
        }
        base.AddedToDocument(document);
    }