Error in `rhinoscriptsyntax-structured-docstring.json`

Hello !

For my actual project i use rhinoscriptsyntax-structured-docstring.json for auto generate differents tests

I have remark an error, there are some arguments that are omitted in the Arguments fields

for

AddBlock(object_ids, base_point, name=None, delete_input=False)

the coresponding json is:

{
    "ModuleName": "block",
    "functions": [
      {
        "ModuleName": "block",
        "Name": "AddBlock",
        "Arguments": [
          {
            "Name": "base_point",
            "TypeInfo": "(point)",
            "Desc": " 3D base point for the block definition\r\n      "
          },
          {
            "Name": "name",
            "TypeInfo": "(str, optional)",
            "Desc": " name of the block definition. If omitted a name will be\r\n        automatically generated\r\n      "
          },
          {
            "Name": "delete_input",
            "TypeInfo": "(bool)",
            "Desc": " if True, the object_ids will be deleted\r\n    "
          }
        ],

OK I understand ! The docstring exporter does not understand the array syntax: ([])

def AddInterpCrvOnSrf(surface_id, points):
    """Adds an interpolated curve object that lies on a specified
    surface.  Note, this function will not create periodic curves,
    but it will create closed curves.
    Parameters:
      surface_id (guid): identifier of the surface to create the curve on
----->points ([point|guid, point|guid, ...])list of 3D points that lie on the specified surface.
               The list must contain at least 2 points

@will maybe that interests you …

rev: (ah no, some time is good)

Is there something more you need us to do?

Thanks,

Giulio

Giulio Piacentino
for Robert McNeel & Associates
giulio@mcneel.com

Hello @piac !

:slight_smile: Oh yes ! a lot !! your data :slight_smile:

for this project and this I need structured data.
I did not take the option to write everything in Rhino with C# plugin.

I would like test an external server/broker (local or not) for dispatch : commands, helps, api, subjects of this forum, manuals and guides …, in short, all the resources related to the Rhino software in an international file format referenced by a simple URI.
This technique it’s not new, it’s the mechanism of the Linked-Data on the Web.

To day, i have difficulty to extract informations from your MadCap export Rhino doc help or Rhino User’s Guide (Because HTML is very complex and there are also errors that stop my script converter)

If we can have this in a generic public file format like DITA (I think MadCap does not export directly to JSON?) I’m happy !! (DITA or other standard file format that contain just the data for external processes)

jmv

I found

Not an easy thing to do.

Hello @KelvinC

Ok no worries, I did with what I have.
This has a cost of time of course, but we (McNeel & client) would have advantages in outsourcing the process of rendering documents.

• Rhino could display offline help
  • Your help sites would be render with a unique tool
  • Aid becomes independent of target and with DITA-OT (for example) you keep multiple exports
  • With a transformation inside Rhino, the author of the plugin could integrate his help directly inside the rhino help panel
  • You can control a more personalized/responsive design than https://docs.mcneel.com
  • And we can make a search in multiple ressources like this:

I’m trying to motivate you :slight_smile:

note I take DITA just for an example but it’s perhaps not the best choice. they are other international data format with a large tool/library ecosystem

Oh and you can create an oEmbed endpoint to display your link (for example, github link vignetting)

this can be a solution for response to this

This is possible in Rhino 6.6.

I understand.
https://www.rhino3d.com/inside
This webpage is a simple markdown file (.md). It’s rendered as an html page on the Rhino website.

This webpage is rendered from a .yaml file which is also a plain text format.
Data in these file formats is simple, but when editing, it can’t be previewed. In my opinion, it’s difficult for the HUGE Rhino Help project.

It’s possible for plug-ins. For example, VisualARQ displays its offline help topics in the Help penal.

I’m sorry. I’m not a programmer. I can’t answer some of your questions.

Thanks,
-Kelvin

Hi @kitjmv,

The json file you link to is used to generate the rhinoscriptsyntax api docs. For example AddBlock: https://developer.rhino3d.com/api/RhinoScriptSyntax/#collapse-AddBlock

Alain

no worries