Enable disable (components ) doesn't support in visualArq(grasshopper style)

why?
enable & disable(components )doesn’t support in visualArq(Grasshopper Style)
When I’m off and disable the part of the algorithm with the C # tool Or (metahopper plug-in)STYLE .Does not apply to VisualArq ! is there any solution to this?

TEST2.gh (31.5 KB)
TEST2.zip (57.1 KB)

also I can use the Gate component , but this slows down the execution of the algorithm
Because the algorithm does repetitive tasks

@fsalla
@RamonC

2 Likes

and by use python scripts too

1 Like

Hi @architect.civil5,

I’ve been able to reproduce the issue. The problem is that VisualARQ, in order to improve performance, only evaluates used output params in the window style. That means that any component that is not directly connected between the inputs and the outputs won’t be evaluated. In your definition, the C# Script component is not connected to any output, so it isn’t evaluated.

I have already fixed this issue by evaluating all script components each time a parameter is changed. This fix will be included in VisualARQ 2.11.

There are other ways to implement a conditional output, like what you want to do with the script component. For example, you can use a different radius for the pipe depending on the value of the boolean:

I’m sure other Grasshopper experts have other solutions to this problem.

Enric

1 Like

Thanks for reply @enric

When do you think you will release version 2.11?
And yes, there are many ways to move between parameters right now, such as the gate streams tool, but turning off part of the algorithm speeds up the execution of the algorithm (for example 500 components for the algorithm) and that we encounter less Null items.

Hi @architect.civil5,

There is no estimated release date for VisualARQ 2.11. If you want I can send you a WIP version, but it may contain some bugs or unfinished features, as it hasn’t been fully tested.

My guess is that we’ll publish VisualARQ 2.11 the next month (April).

Regards,

Enric

1 Like

Yes, please send me the wip version. Thank you

Hi @architect.civil5,

I’ve just sent your a direct message with the download links for VisualARQ 2.11.

This version fixes the issue on C# and VB.NET Scripts. Python scripts are not yet supported. But I’ll fix them too.

Enric

1 Like

Hi @architect.civil5, we have officially released VisualARQ 2.11, which fixes the errors you reported here. VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.11 released

1 Like