Empty components folder

I haven’t used Grasshopper Mac for a couple of weeks and now all of the components are gone the components
folder is totally empty.
Did I miss something?

Martin

To complement my question, I’m using Mac 10.13.2 and Rhino Wip 5E366w.
I’ve tried to load some components, but they want load either.

Hi Martin, I’ve assigned this to @dan, since he should have a better idea of what’s going on behind the scenes.

But while we wait for the sun to rise in Seattle… I just updated to Rhino WIP 5E366w and my components folder was untouched. A few question to help us diagnose this… First, to clarify, are you referring to the components folder at ~/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/MacPlugIns/Grasshopper/Libraries? Did the problem appear before or after updating to 5E366w? Which Grasshopper add-ons were you using successfully before this problem began? Which ones have you tried to load recently? FWIW,
Kangaroo 2 is a good benchmark plug-in, since this is known to work pretty well on the Mac.

Thanks Will.

Sorry to wake you up with this issue.
It is the folder indeed. I have tried to load Weaverbird and Kangaroo 2 and both didn’t load.

Enjoy the sunrise,
Martin

I think it happened after the update, but I’m not sure about that, because I didn’t use it for a while due to
loads of work behind the workbench.

Bizarre. I opened my:
~/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/MacPlugIns/Grasshopper/Libraries
folder this morning and it was empty. Now you’ve got me paranoid, but I’m not sure had anything in it before though.

I (re?)installed Kangaroo 2. Then I downgraded the RhinoWIP to 5E326w and 5E334w (the two previous RhinoWIPs before 5E366w) and tested updating to 5E336w (both with manual installation, ie: copying the app bundle, as well as with the updater). Thankfully (?), I could NOT reproduce this issue…Kangaroo 2 was still there.

I cannot think of a change we would have made that would cause this. But that, of course, does not mean much.

Is this something you can reliably reproduce with some of your old components?

Can you use Time Machine to see what version of /Applications/RhinoWIP.app you had before updating?

Did you update by the updater window or by installing a whole new RhinoWIP.app (from the DMG)?

I’d like to get to the bottom of this.

Don’t get paranoid Dan,

I have deleted the user objects of Peacock recently, maybe thats the cause of the problem.
Still weird that it isn’t possible to install Kangaroo.
I’m pretty sure that it was 5E336w but I cannot see that from here, I’ll be back in my workshop next Thursday
to check it out.
It was updated by updater window.

i’m not sure if this kind of post is very helpful but…
using the same OS & Rhino version as listed in post #2, my GH Libraries folder is ok with no missing files.

Thanks Jeff,

But it still won’t work.
Probably something went wrong when I removed the user objects from Peacock.
I tried to put an older Rhino version back in time machine that, but still can not load things into grasshopper.
Another problem is that I only can get into the Grashopper library via the Grasshopper program, so I cannot set back an older version of Grashopper.
And if I go to the Grasshopper library setting my library shows up transparrant, like this22
(Bibliotheek = Labrary)

Problem solved.
Put an older version back with Time Machine and now it is working again.

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve just downloaded Rhino WIP and when I open Grasshopper the components folder is empty

Hi,

Was it an update or your first upload?

Hi, how did you do that? I’m totally lost

Hi Maria -
You are reviving an old thread when Rhino 5 was still in WIP on the Mac.
Please start a new thread and clearly explain the issue that you are having. Make sure to also include the output of the Rhino SystemInfo command.
-wim