I have only noticed this in v7 (not saying it doesn’t happen in v6, I just have not checked), and I just updated to the most recent, so we’ll see if it is still the case, but here is the sequence I have observed:
- Rhino crashes
- Upon re-opening, the splash screen is shown, and I select file X
- The “do you want to open auto-saved doc” dialog pops up, I click Yes
- The auto-saved document is opened, until all viewports have been set up
- Immediately after, I see an “_Open” appear in the command line
- File X chosen in step 2 is automatically opened
The auto-save document still exists, and I can go find it in appdata if I want, but I guess this scenario needs some tuning-up.