Embed interactive model on web page?

Hi - I’d like to embed a Rhino 3D model on a web page, and have it be interactive, the way it is in the iRhino 3D app for iPad. There used to be a plugin for that apparently, but it can’t be found. Is there a solution? Thanks in advance for any help, track, suggestion.

0 Likes

Check out Iris (in development)… --Mitch

0 Likes

(Wim Dekeyser) #3

Simlab also gives you the option to embed a 3d pdf in a webpage without you having to deal with that yourself.

0 Likes

Thanks, Mitch. Very promising.

I have a model, a 3DM file (and iRhino on iPad), but note: I don’t own Rhino the app for Mac. So there’s no way, at this point, that I can make that particular model available (and interactive) online, on a web page, is there? Also, what would the end viewer need to be able to manipulate the file on screen online?

0 Likes

Thanks Wim. The PDF option is interesting, but the model would be static in that case, wouldn’t it? I would like it to be interactive, to rotate etc.

0 Likes

(Wim Dekeyser) #6

No, you can export as a 3D PDF that you can rotate etc. With scripting you can also add interactivity.

http://www.simlab-soft.com/3d-plugins/3D-PDF-from-rhino-main.aspx
There are other such plug-ins but I’m happy with this one…

0 Likes

You still would need to have Rhino (for Windows in this case) to use the plug-in. --Mitch

0 Likes