Eliminate the numbers of a slider with an output of another slider

Hello
I want to do a simulation that analyzes two parameters simultaneously with Slide numbers.
The first slide number works independently, but I want the second slide number to be based on the output from the first slide number. I want to enter the numbers bigger than the output of the first slide number in the list of numbers of the second slide number and remove the others that are smaller from the second slide number. This is because the repeated simulation is not done and I can reduce the simulation time
Is this possible?
In other words, in some cases, it is required that all the numbers in the first slide number list should be placed in the second slide number list, but in some cases, a smaller number of numbers from that list is needed. Because the numbers are smaller than the output of the first slide number, they should be removed from the second slide number list.

I would be grateful if you could help me. I have been trying to solve this issue for a long time :pray:

I think it’s possible, but I genuinely was not able to understand what you want :upside_down_face:

would you mind to rephrase the whole process using variables and conditions, maybe with the very same variables also on the image?

Like “if A is bigger than B: pick only values bigger than A from list C, otherwise pick only values smaller than A from list C”… something like that :slight_smile:

SubSet (Sub List)?

3. Attach minimal versions of all the relevant files

@inno, What I want to do is that if the output of the first slide number is 0.2 from the list, then the second slide number will check the entire list, i.e. 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.
But when the first slide number outputs the value 0.4, the second slide number does not check the number 0.2 from the list and only checks the values ​​0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.
When the first slide number takes out the value 0.6, the second slide number does not check 0.2 and 0.4 from the list and only checks the values ​​0.6, 0.8, 1.
When the first slide number selects the value 0.8, the second slide number does not check 0.2, 0.4 and 0.6 from the list and only checks the values ​​0.8 and 1.
When the first slide number selects the value 1 from the list and outputs it, the second slide number does not check the number 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 and 0.8 from the list and only checks the value 1.
:pray: :pray:

two_sliders _2024_Jul10a
two_sliders _2024_Jul10a.gh (9.2 KB)

Or the sliders in the blue groups could be zero to one, then multiplied by the length of their respective lists to get an index value.

two_sliders _2024_Jul10b.gh (11.6 KB)

1 Like

Here is a different approach using two Value List components (blue groups) and the very cool Python PVL (Populate Value List). I like this one best!

two_sliders _2024_Jul12a.gh (13.0 KB)

2 Likes

Hello @Joseph_Oster
I am very grateful for your help in solving my problem :pray:
In both solutions, you posted, the second list in the generated panel matches what I want. Also, a slide number was necessary for the created list to coordinate its steps according to the number of list members. In the process, I realized that by making the wrap False in the list item, I can skip the steps of the slide number that are not in the range I want in the simulation process, and finally, the simulation time can be reduced.

I was also very interested in the third solution you sent and thank you again for taking the time :pray: :pray: