Element layer state

Hello,
I would like to configure layer walls automatically.
In order to do that, I first change visualarq layer propreties in “none” and then i configure new walls putting the specific layer in Wallstyle => attributes => layer.
This way of proceeding does not seem to be working.

Is there an other way to organize wall in specific layer without grasshopper ?

Thank you

Hello @tikito,

I think a good way to do it is by keeping walls in the “Wall” layer in the VisualARQ layer properties and create a layer structure with your styles. Something like this:

Hello,

It was the way we used, but we wanted to change the organization by batches. Like that :

Hi @tikito,

That’s not how it works.

“Visualarq > Layer” panel controls the layer where walls (or other objects) will be inserted, when using a VisualARQ command.

The “Layer” in the style editor just controls the layer where the geometry (the polysurfaces inside the wall) will be created.

Enric

Hi Enric !

Okay, so i get that :

• all walls go in the layer configured in the global properties
  • each wall’s sub layer can be created in a particular layer

But, the only thing i don’t understand is : what is the function of the “layer” option when we configure a wall (in the principal menu, like in the attached file), and why we do have access to all layer ?

Thank you

Hi @tikito,

VisualARQ elements are created using Rhino blocks. Each element block contains several geometry objects (usually poly-surfaces, extrusions or meshes). The styles allow to control attributes for each style components using hierarchical tree.

If you change one attribute of the style, it is the same as changing the same attribute of all sub-components. For example, you may want to control the section pattern or the print color for all wall-layers, so it’s easier and faster to change the style attribute than change the attribute for multiple objects. Layer is just one more attribute, like color or section pattern.

That’s not completely true: this option only tells the “default” layer where walls will be created using the vaWall command. To do so, this command sets the current layer to the layer selected in the dropdown, and after the command ends, the previous current layer is restored. You can change the wall instance layer to any other layer.

Layers and styles are separate things. VisualARQ does not force walls to be in a layer depending on the style. The style just controls how the inner geometry is created. Layers can be used to categorize walls in many different scenarios: by style, by level, by construction phase, etc.

Enric

1 Like