Editing the Camera Position in ShapeDiver

Hello! I am trying to get “Editing the position” of a camera to work, and I think I’m coming across a bug or something? I am using the Designer $49/month version, so I don’t have API access, so I figured I’d just use the ShapeDiver web-editor to set the cameras. Here’s how it’s going:

Below is a picture of a camera set to a view of this arch I would like, by inputting the coordinates to the Default Target entries. a camera targeted at x=251, y=690.

However, if I open another camera, eg Top camera, and try to open that arch Camera, then the target is actually pointed somewhere consistent but random instead.

If I manually place the location and then click “Load current position and target”. the same thing happens

However, either method, even though the camera defaults to pointing somewhere random, if I add 0.1 to one of the Default Target values, it shows my desired view, even though it won’t save that view :confused:

What should I do?

Thank you for the report. This bug was confirmed on our side and will be fixed in the next platform release.

1 Like

woohoo thanks so much!

@johanna.mcallister The bug should now be fixed, please test and let me know if you still experience issues.

Hey ! Thank you for trying! The bug seems to still be happening in the same way, I can’t manage to get a custom camera set.

Could it be because I’m setting up the camera in between objects or something? like I’m trying to get a view amongst these ‘walls’. I noticed setting up the camera works better if I set it pointing from outside all of my objects, and it gets worse the closer to my objects I set the camera.

Now I am using the free version. @mathieu1

We have been working on several issues with the camera controls and I mistook yours for one that we already fixed, my apologies. The one issue you are facing will also be solved in the next version, which we will this week. Thank you for your patience.

Gotcha, No worries! Thanks for being communicative! <3