Edit Style button missing from Annotation panel

Good morning friends,

Excited to get involved with V6. Looking forward to being a part of this forum.

Question: Looking at the annotation object property panel in v6, noticed that the Edit Style button is gone. Is this intentional or is this a work in progress? As someone who spends all day working with feet and inches in layout mode, this was a time saver.

Thank you.

Cosmas

Once you edited the style (captions became blue), you can do this:

-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-

Hey Charles,

Interesting.

I’m having trouble seeing the options you have screen captured. Once you tweek some of the entries, like say the height of the font, how do you get the Remove/ Update/ or Save options to come up?

Having said that, the above is good if you want to save overrides to a new style, update an override by saving to the current style, or … remove overrides. But why remove the shortcut to edit a style? Isn’t that going backwards?

Thank you.

Cosmas

Hi Cosmas,
First you need an override on the dimension or text.
Then a little arrow next to the Annotation style name will appear.
Pick on that , see the style name, and there is arrow to the right.
Pick it and you will see the arrow.

Of the three options on the menu, Edit Style is not there.
It could add to this same menu, but it would be less convenient and it would need to be available regardless of the override situation…
So, to keep it simple, it should probably just be on the Annotation Property panel.

This had been logged as RH-38694.
I will let you all know when hear it is fixed.

Thank you for testing the WIP.
Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier

RH-38694 is fixed in the latest WIP

Awesome! Thank you!

This thread says the issue is fixed but the “edit style” button is still not easily accesible in R6.

We end up with long lists of dimension styles from imported files from other formats and there is no easy way to scroll the drop down list.

We don’t have time clean files or teach people to purge dimensions etc… There needs to be an easy way to get a simple screen-legible dimension when working with other people’s files.

You also shouldn’t have to drill down into options to set the dimension scale

Hi - if I understand this right, you have a lot of junk from other files in your file and need a way to quickly make a lot of dimensions legible on screen without caring for proper style management. If so, you can just select all dimensions and set them to one common height, scale, font, etc in the Properties panel without having to scroll or anything:
-wim

I want to be able to edit my dimension style without scrolling the long list, not change their file

Hi - I’ve created RH-56327 to do something about the Edit Style... button.
-wim

thanks Wim. I guess in general this is a problem because the rhino 6 interface is not really “snappy”. For example scrolling the list takes a long time, but also popping the options window (another way to access the list) also has a few seconds lag.

Hi - On my system, opening the Document Properties dialog in a file with 300 annotations styles takes about 3 seconds whereas on Rhino 5 that opens instantaneously. I’ve added RH-56348 to the list of things to check.

Note that changing the font of one of those 300 styles took about 1 minute in Rhino 5 whereas that got through instantaneously on my Rhino 7 installation.
-wim