Edit a mockup site model

Hello, I created a model out of boxes to mimic the buildings in the area. Now I want to change those boxes to the actual thing to put it in my final presentation. I created the actual building on another file (all the boxes are supposed to be the same building). Is there a way to do that?

You can reference one model into another using worksessions. If that’s what you’re looking for.

Thank you for the quick reply! But I don’t think that this is what I’m looking for. I want to replace the boxes I used in the site model as place holders until I made the detailed model (which is supposed to be one box in the site model). Both the box and the detailed model have the same dimensions.

OK got it. One way is to create a block of both the simple box and the detailed box in their respective files with the same block name. Then copy and paste the detailed box into the file containing the simple box and select the “replace with imported block” option.

The other way to do this is using grasshopper with elefront/human. Perhaps you can share a sample file if you need more help on this.

Hope this helps.

okay this actually worked! thank you! but, they followed the angle of the imported block, do you know if I can make the angle not change?

p.s. im a rhino rookie and i didn’t use blocks when i was originally making the mock-up site, so I had to redo some of the site to test the block method. do you happen to know how to insert objects into a block?

When you’re in the blockedit session there are options to add/remove objects from the block if that’s what you’re looking for.