Edges disappear beyond Clipping Plane

@rajaa Well I definitely see the “quality of lines” you mention, but I still don’t see the disappearing edge lines…

I think the quality issue may be due the dotted lines interfering with the solid ones because they’re all the same thickness…but I don’t see how that would cause lines to completely disappear…so I’m still not seeing the problem Alan mentions above.

-J

Actually it looks like AA is completely disabled by ST…somehow.

-J

Hey guys,

I’m having the problems in BOTH Rhino’s clipping plane, and SectionTools.

Jeff: in reply to what you asked for earlier, see attached file. I’ve done all the things you’ve asked before uploading it here. Hope you find some goof info. Thanks so much for the help.

Clipping Plane - Crvs disappear_010819.3dm (7.0 MB)

And FYI Jeff - in SectionTools, when I use "View (View, Clip Cplane as iot’s written in dropdown menu) I can see my Hatch and Surface (I chose “Both” option) but I can NOT see what would be the crv that is produced at the cutting plane of the SectionTool. Which means there’s no nice thick outline to my section cut when viewed in any mode whatsoever.

And, actually - Seems it hides ALL CRVS, same as my rhino clipping plane problem.see attached image here, which is what the perspective camera view looks like when I use SectionTools “View” as described above - note how there is no rectangular crv around the text. There should be one, as it’s the same model file as the one I just uploaded a few mins ago

Thanks Alan, but I only see the 3dm file… I’d also like your exported display mode (Options->View-DisplayModes->MODE … then select the “Export” button… save the file to your desktop…it will have a .ini extension (i.e. Shaded.ini). Post it here.

Thanks again,
-Jeff

This is what I see when I load your file…

It’s not the same thing you show, which means something is either missing, different, or both. We need to make sure that we’re both working with and looking at the exact same thing…which is why I also want your display mode settings exported.

Thanks,
-Jeff

It’s default Shaded display. Few Qs:

1. Where would I find that Display file to upload for you, if you still would like it?

2. Which ST and Rhino versions are you on?

3. How long would it take for me to Re-Install Rhino, and what’s the best way of doing it?

OTHER STUFF: I would say that maybe Vray is problem, but I have a different set of ST and Rhino on another system, and everything is working fine. I’ve also tried this in a new File with “no template” and it’s still messed up

Hey, maybe you could send me a file, and I could see how it opens?

Are you setting your SolidMode=Both?
If so, the Cap of the outer box is likely to be the one hiding the curves of the inner box in the overlap area. What happens if you set SolidMode=Hatches?

Still happens

Could you send/upload the ST install file from Oct 2017, so I can try it with this version of Rhino 6?

Please try one more thing, set SolidMode=None (only curves), and use Display Wireframe and post what you see (image).
Also run stClearSectionViews (to remove the clipping in display), and see if the lines appear. Please post an image of what you see in this case as well.

Yup.

CLEARED:

I see the second image (with all section lines calculated and showing as expected), but the top image with the clipping does not load at my end (can you re-upload it). Do curves show?

When I do View section, that top image is what I get in my perspective window: Nothing but the callout.
The bottom image is what I get before I use View (“stView” I guess you’d say)

I can’t see the top image. It shows solid gray. Can you load it again?

Can you see a little bubble that has some grabled letters ending in “_00”?

If so, that’s all that’s on my screen when I View the section under the conditions you’ve specified
:neutral_face:

I’m very happy to speak over the phone if/when you have a minute to be more efficient in communicating. But whatever is best for you, of course.

Ok, can you go back to your model with the 2 boxes inside each other (where the front clipped view shows correctly, and perspective has missing lines). If you unlock the section layer and delete the hatch and cap, do you see the section lines, or they remain hidden?

I don’t have that file anymore. Not sure whathappened between then and now, but now there’s no crvs at all. Maybe that was just the Display style showing edges, but not actual Crvs? Not sure.

Thinking of just clean installing Rhino 6 and ST again, if anyone can point me to the cleanest way of doing so?