Dynamic baking with Elefront

It is possible to give a visualarq object a elefront parameter? With a standard rhino object it works (to see in the upper right) but not with visualarq, it will be ignored by baking.

I want to create a dynamic baked function where object with the name will be recreate with the bake function.

Thanks for help

Hi @bjornsmolarek,

You should contact Elefront developers regarding this issue.

Regards,

Enric

You can also use VisualARQ parameters instead of Elefront parameters

Enric

Many thanks for the quick response.
As far as I understand, elefront uses the BakeName parameter to recreate the object if the name matches.
Is there a way to dynamically re-create a Visualarq element without Elefront? (remove old version and create new one)

1 Like

Hi @bjornsmolarek,

No, currently there is no VisualARQ component that supports replacing existing objects. I do have a “Bake” component implemented using a C# Script, and I think I could modify it to replace objects based on a condition, like the name.

Enric

1 Like

Please, do. @bjornsmolarek asked for a very handy thing.
Human has Delete Prior Bakes, Elefront has Bake Name, FlexHopper has Instant Bake.

Part of modifications (or interactions) between VA Objects is being made after baking so having a solution to Bake & Replace is a must.

Personally, I think the Elefront solution is the best because you can just change the Bake Name input and have a separate “bake group”. With Human, for every new “bake group” you need to bring a new GH component, and if you remove the old component you lost the ability to Delete Prior Bakes of previously baked geometry. With Elefront solution you can also easily manually find “bake groups” easily by metadata or even change it.

Yes. Dynamic Bake is a “MUST-HAVE” feature.
VA components doesn’t work with many other famous components such as Elefront.
This makes using VA component time-consuming.
In many cases, just creating solid object using grasshopper basic component and dynamic bake of Elefornt is even faster.

1 Like

Elefront’s BakeName is done by user attributes which VisualARQ object would override I believe?

I’ll test VA’s object with Pancake’s new baking process.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’ve contacted Elefront developer to see if we can do something to support Elefront’s “BakeName” feature in VisualARQ.

Thanks,

Enric

5 Likes

Hi,

This issue is now solved in VisualARQ 2.12.4 which will be released this week.

You can find the download links to an RC version in this post:

Thanks,

Enric

3 Likes