Dxf export problem

hello,
Sorry for my bad English… I’m using a translator. :slight_smile:

I have a problem on rhino, exporting dxf files to other software, or directly to a digital machine like masterwood.

It’s a 2d drawing, just polylines, and arcs of circles.
When I open my dxf file on my machine or another software, the arcs of circles, or splines come out with breaks… in several straight segments.

When I record, I do File> export selected files> I choose dxf and the record name, option> modify pattern> lines arc polyline are in polyline and curves polycurves are in splines.
the other boxes below are not checked.

I have tested many solutions and I still have my curves in segments.

is there a special function on rhino to avoid this?
On autocad I had no problem, you can choose the definition of the arcs by the number of points.

Thank you for your help.
vivien

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

doesn’t anyone export to dxf? for other software?

Hi Vivien - if you bring the dxf file back into Rhino, do the curves look correct?
Can you post screen shots of the dxf settings you use in Rhino?

-Pascal

hi pascal, no problem re-importing dxf into rhino.

I use rhino as much for my job as for my personal projects. I have a little digital thing.
I’ve already had this problem on a software at work, and now it’s on Cabide Create, a software to set up tools for my little machine.

Hi Vivien - I would set Arcs= Arcs and see how that works - polylines seems like exactly what you do not want, if I understand:

-Pascal

Okay, I do, but I think I’ve already tried…

is that I would like all curved shapes to be hinged and not and multi-segmented.
Then I have the impression that it also depends on the software where I want to import it…

Actually, you were right, I’ve tried so many times, I didn’t have to do this one.

I set arc in spline, too.

And the result is correct.

Thank you, Pascal. :wink: