Drawing Detail Lines on Ceiling Plans

Hey!

I was wondering if there is a way to bake some GH curves/lines as Detail Lines, and be able to specify the type of Detail Line to use.

I managed to add them as Model Lines, but I need them to apper only in the ceiling plans, as Detail Lines.

(The script is culling out ceilings with non-rectangular shapes).

191122_Adding Diagonal Line to Ceilings.gh (26.4 KB)

Hi Libny,

I have the same question. Could you solve this question by now?
Would be great to know if this is possible.

Best HPN

HPN, we currently don’t have any detail line components.

Can you describe the workflow you are trying to achieve?

Where are the lines being generated? Rhino? or dynamically from the walls?

Thanks

Hi Japhy,

thanks for the quick reply.

The goal would be to build a simple DWG translator.

• open AutoCad DWG in Rhino
  • reference lines in GH
  • sort lines by line properties (print thickness, …) in GH
  • assign Revit Line Styles (office standard) to sorted Lines + additional porperties (color…) in GH
  • “bake” as Detail Line in Revit

HPN

This should get you started. There are particulars that you will need to figure out on the sorting.

In this definition I grabbed all the curves in the document (worksessioned .dwg work fine) Rebuild the curves and removed any that don’t fit into Revit tolerances and added to a Drafting View before changing the Line Style Parameter.

Requires Elefront
Re_Create_DetailLines.gh (18.6 KB)

2 Likes

Hi Japhy,

wow, thats great. Thanks a lot.
Best HPN

Ahh, I was not aware of the C2 problem.

“Since Revit curves should be C2 you can not convert a curve with kinks to a Revit Curve”
Using Rhino Curves in Python RIR - Rhino.Inside / Revit - McNeel Forum

Is there a possibility / workaround to transfer Rectangle, Polylines?

Can you provide a sample of the dwg you are looking to translate? Thanks

I am just testing the transfer with a simple rectangle and a polyline (2 or more segments) both created in Rhino. (see attachment)

Right now I think that I have to explode all closed polylines to get “non G1 continuous curve”.

Another problem is that the “Rebuild Curve” component creates a different geometry for closed polylines in my case.

I am using Rhino.Inside Revit 1.2 and Revit 2020 so I had to replace two Revit components in Grasshopper.
DWG Translator Test.3dm (150.8 KB)