Draw on the front - mode

Often, when drawing in 3D space, on the top of the large amount of elements I wish that each newly drawn element was visible, therefore I ask for possibility to bring constant Draw On The Front mode on.
Cheers
P

Hi Piotr - so in this mode, the last created curve or annotation would be in front and drop back one level when the next one is added - do I understand correctly. And when your mode is off, normal draw order assignments, if any, would be restored…?

-Pascal

E x a c t l y .
I imagine this option being able to toggle from status bar.
Piotr

Hi @Piotr - I monkeyed with this a little - see if this plug-in does anything like what you are asking. To play, download and unblock (in its Properties) the rhp file and then drag and drop the rhp onto Rhino. I did this in 6 but I imagine it will work in 7/WIP, I’m not sure. Yes, fine in 7.

FrontMode.rhp (15 KB)

The command is FrontMode and it’s a toggle. Currently it works on curves, hatches and at least some dimension types.

Anything good happening?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal
This is one-of-a-kind service. :slight_smile:
It works great and I love that the information is displayed on screen.
I’m only struggling between the ideas whether the drawn content in that mode should stay on top or not. I can find both useful.
Could you add an option upon quitting that mode to keep the drawn object on top?
Thanks a lot.
Piotr

Hi Piotr - I updated the rhp above - you’ll need to un-block the new one again.

• label color is tied to Rhino feedback color so it is more likely to work in more display color situations.

• added the command FrontModeOptions, currently only one per-session option, to keep or remove, the FrontMode draw order when exiting the mode. You can try both…

-Pascal

Santa came early this year … :slight_smile:

Wellll-l-l-l also, I was actually curious about this workflow idea and saw my way to making a test for it - but I’ll wait for your feedback about how it works in real life.

-Pascal

I will let you know as soon as I’m back at the office.
P

Hi Pascal
Front mode option works fine, but the screen message has gone which is important in a workflow, I think.
Can you fix it, please?
P