Draging components on the canvas has become flakey (6.5.18128.14431, 05/08/2018)

After some time, dragging components on the canvas does not work anymore, and then sometimes work, and then… arghhhh !!!

You mean after a file gets big, after you work on a file for a while, after Grasshopper has been running for a while, all of the above?

What happens on a failed drag? Nothing? Does the cursor over the canvas change during a failed drag? Does click-once-on-tabs-then-click-once-on-canvas still work? Does dragging from the tabs onto the Rhino notes window still work?

Hi David,

the file is small.
This is fresh meat here, I’ll have to encounter it again to answer your other questions.
What is for sure is that it required me to reboot the computer to get rid of it. Simply starting a new Rhino instance did not.

That would point to something running on your machine which is taking up a lot of processor cycles or otherwise eating UI events. But yes, if it does happen consistently, let’s try and figure out exactly what aspects are no longer working well.

That would point to something running on your machine which is taking up a lot of processor cycles or otherwise eating UI events

Do you think listening to “The arrogant worms” could do that ?

Actually, I think it just might. I had this morning my machine be very slow, unresponsive. I had Rhino open overnight, but the slowness continued after closing Rhino.

A peek in the Task Manager showed there was a rampant audio process hogging a huge amount of CPU cycles all the time. Killing the process helped for a few moments, only to see it automatically pop up again. Only a reboot remedied the problem.

Next time GH starts to feel flakey you might want to pop open Task Manager to see what process is eating your CPU cycles.

Edit: as additional interesting info - I applied the April update of Windows 10 some half a week ago.