Draft Angle Analysis Component

Hello Wim,

I would like to give the static Zebra-Analysis a push. LINK

Could this be moved to 8.x instead of a future release target?

Best regards

2 Likes

I would gladly use it in Rhino 7.x instead of 8.x :slight_smile:

1 Like

This release targets for issues are in a state of flux. I wouldn’t put too much meaning into an issue marked as future right now.

Hello Steve,
thank you for the reply!

I dont quite understand. Does it mean not any time soon, or that it might be pushed to 8.x at some point?

Best regards

This could be either 8.x or post 8. We still haven’t determined what can be added to V8.

Ok, i see!

Thank you!

Hello Steve,

I would like to ask if any decisions have been made yet?

This is excellent thank you @Trav! . I’ve been using this to locate parting lines in ceramic moulds.

1 Like

No decisions have been made yet. The current pile of Rhino 8 projects that are underway is large and I don’t want to add new items to the Rhino 8 list until we have completed some of the existing projects.

Yes I understand. I will still try to bother you guys. :grin:

Thank you for the reply!

1 Like

@stevebaer thanks for sharing the draft angle and zebra analysis. Has been super helpful thus far.

• do i understand correctly there is no way the mesh colors can be extracted and thus baked?
  • Given the speed of the GLSL code I am trying to modify your code to make a ShowZbuffer like visualization tool inside GH, but this is challenging without coding experience ;0. Existing methods take seconds with high polycount. Is this something worth considering implementing/developing. Your github repository file “Linear Gradient” seems like a good start, but I get prompted with his message: Grasshopper Archive messages IO Read error: Unknown data type encountered. I assume it’s made with a earlier version than the current GLSL version 7.8.0 ?