Downloading V6 with an Educational Lab License?

But the technical answer to your question:

Is “Yes”.

We were specifically interested in the Grasshopper integration, the new GHPython component (and compilation of these) and the new NGon RhinoCommon mesh type. We have both been quite active in the Grasshopper, GHPython and Plankton communities and would like to continue informing the development of these (and Rhino in general).

Hehe, very good. I assume we can follow Dale’s advice here. That is, talk to our IT support about downloading it for us or convince them to fork over Rhino keys to us?

Thanks again, much appreciated…

Any news regarding this? It’s been a while :slight_smile:

Hi @AndersDeleuran,

Yes, you should now be able to use your Edu Lab License to download and get a Rhino WIP license key. Please try it and let me know if you bump into any problems.

Hi Brian, thanks so much. It seems to work. Having a couple of my colleagues try it out. Will have them flag any issues.

Looks like they’re not able to access the the actual download link. It does not appear on the link provided here.

Thanks, that’s was a bug we introduced overnight. It’s fixed now.

1 Like

Hi @brian,

Apologies for replying to this old thread. Is it possible to activate the Rhino WIP using our Lab License (school labs).

I was able to download the installer using the RH50 license, however the activation license starts with RH6B.

Can you please advice if this is possible.

Many thanks,
M

When you downloaded, you should have received an e-mail with the license code. --Mitch

Hi Mitch,

That doesn’t seem to be the case with me. Will try to re-download in case something went wrong.

Thanks

M.

Edit: No luck with the second attempt, No email received.

Check your spam folder as well… --Mitch

Yeap,

Did that. Although I have a filter for content from McNeel email addresses.

OK, dunno then, it’s working here, the e-mail came instantly…

Thanks again Mitch,

It may have to do with the generic lab email over the personal ones. Although it should be the domain that matters.

Will give it a go with generic address to see what happens.

Best,
M

I’ll PM you to get more details and help with the licensing.

Hi @brian,

we seem to have the exact same issue here at Evolute. We have a “Not For Resale Lab License” for Rhino 5, I managed to download the Rhino 6 WIP, but now I didn’t get an email with a RH6B license code.
Could you look into it when you have a moment?

Hi Mathias,

Can you please try downloading again - I think I fixed the problem of sending out emails for NFR Lab license keys.

Hi Brian,

it worked, thanks a lot!

Hello, where are you guys downloading the Rhino WIP from with an educational licence…non of the links in this thread allow me to enter in the educational licence and download?

@joimagg Did you try the link in the banner at the top of the page?