Dots-Showing/Hiding

Hello Forum, I’m sure this was asked a few years back. Dots ! I name all my objects and use Dots to label them. Is there a way to only show the dots on the objects what are seen (not the dots on the object behind another), hope this makes sense. Screenshot attached, half of those Dots are from objects behind objects, I dont want to see them if possible, any tips much appreciated, tia

Nope - dots are always in front. You’ll need to use text labels.

-Pascal

1 Like

yeh I thought so, be a nice addition to have the option to ‘hide’ the unseen

hi @pascal when you say Text Labels, do you mean Convert the Dots to text ? I use PetersTools dot generator, basically I highlight everything and bingo everything is Dot labelled by name, 100’s of objects at a time. Am I missing something where I can apply a text label to multiple objects with a different name all at once ?

It’s possible to hide the dots which are behind by evaluating collisions between a vector from the dot to the camera and the objects in the scene.

I’m using Grasshopper to do this but I cannot share the definition just yet.

1 Like

I see… the tool could presumably do that, but there is ConvertDot (see command line options - you can build a macro for this) to do it after the fact.

-Pascal