Doodlebug for Illustrator CC 2018

hmmm… sounds like the references are not being added correctly. Sometimes after you add them you might have to try building again to get them to register. You can also delete the GH / Rhino references and add them instead via the NuGet Package Manager - this is a more modern way to handle those references.

Hope this helps, sorry I can’t tell you more!

Hey @ktapa Have you had any development with this? Thank you!

Unfortunately not. It’s become more complicated than I had hoped. If I get anywhere, i’ll be sure to post the results here.

I put together a video explaining step-by-step how to install doodlebug on which ever build you have. Also, I rebuilt the plugin for Rhino 6 and illustrator CC 2019. Both of which can be found here on my blog:
doodlebug-grasshopper-and-illustrator-workflow

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for doing this @pmpetros

Thank you Andrew for putting it together in the first place!

Made some nice doodlebug add-ons that can be found here on my blog: Antlion: A continuation of Doodlebug

3 Likes

Hey Paul, thanks so much for your help with Doodlebug & Antlion. I tried my first definitions today with relative success, though I was unable to successfully create Artboards with Antlion:

Screenshot_19

Any idea what might have gone wrong?

Thanks!

Yeah i was just driving back into those components and realized there are some major bugs in them. I’m working on updating them as we speak and I will soft release some components here on the forum. The artvoard one in particular has an issue with the file name. Right now I the the work around is to creat a panel with the illustrator file name WITHOUT the .ai suffix. Will confirm either today or tomorrow.

So here’s whats happening. Yes, there is a bug in there but it may or may not be the problem. Here is a updated component with the bug I found fixed.

Create Artboard.ghuser (11.4 KB)

Either way the rule is as follows:

Only input a document name if it has been saved. If not leave the input empty and it will target the active document.

1 Like

ghuser updated, but I still get an error - the first one seems to be solved however!

yeah this components were really only a proof of concept for each feature. I need to go in and internalize everything in one cohesive python script. I just noticed that the artboard component was designed only for one rectangle, not a list of rectangles. I’m working on it right now. But that’s why I listed it as an Alpha release. Thank you for testing everything out. Your feed back is much appreciated.

1 Like

I have updated the component to a more stable version. I took away the specific document input but have made it work with multiple rectangle inputs to create multiple artboards if you so desire. link to the video on it is here and link to download it is here.

Thanks for the input! Keep them coming!

2 Likes

I prefer the classics

1 Like