(don't)SnapToOccluded not working with InterpCrvOnSrf

Hi @mikko,

Seems like the InterpCrvOnSrf does not pay attention to this setting. Always snaps, even if snapping to occluded is disabled… Is this by design or something that could be fine-tuned?

thanks,

–jarek

Are you talking about osnapping to the object you are drawing the curve on? That object is selected while the command is running and occlusion testing does not apply to selected objects since their wires see through themselves and other objects.

hi Mikko,

Yes, the case I was referring to is I draw the curve on a face of a Polysurface, and it is being snapped on to occluded faces of that Polysurface (non-highlighted ones). I was expecting to snap only to the one I am drawing on if it occludes other faces…

To clarify - in the command, what is highlighted is only the face I am drawing on, but it still snaps to the other, not visible ones.

thanks,

–jarek

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I’m afraid that’s currently not possible, but I’ll add this to list of things to investigate in the future.

Thanks Mikko, good to know.
I can only think of a workaround where ‘under the hood’ the command extract the selected face so for the time of drawing it is considered a separate object… and then on cancel or completion, it gets rejoined back, keeping the same Brep GUID.

–jarek