Document User Text contains Box Edit Parameters?

Using Rhino 6 - Are BoxEdit parameters supposed to be visible along with Document User Text?
test BoxEditParams

When I change BoxEdit Parameters these values update.

Hi Scott - I see that - no, they should not be there…

-Pascal

Interesting. I’ve been using this file template for a long while, is there anything I can do to remove them? I can work around them, but I’m working on some scripting around the Document User Text and would like to avoid having to filter them out.

Hi Scott - as far as the template is concerned, you can delete these and SaveAsTemplate - but lit looks like they will come back in any file where settings are changed for BoxEdit.

-Pascal

That’s what I’m seeing as well; when I delete them, they come back if I change the settings. I use BoxEdit a lot, as well, though I rarely touch the increments. (I do change the pivot points pretty often, though).

Filtering it is, I suppose! Thanks :slight_smile:

This is fixed in V7 as far as I can see…

-Pascal

1 Like

This was a bug, see https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-63782

1 Like

@pascal @jeremy5 - looks like I’ll have to push it to the higher-ups to see about updating from Rhino 6 then…

@pascal , a follow up please. I have created a text field for my notes. I want to make sure that the text is contained within an area. Is there any way to make sure the text stays in that area. I have created the text field in my Title Block and want to inset the block into projects and add notes to it. However, in my Title block file, the %<Notes()>% text does not allow me to drag the frame to the boundary that I want it to have.

Is there away to automate it or should i have it like that and whenever I add notes, I edit the block within each layout?

Best,
Hazhi