Divide distance begins on wrong end of curve

grasshopper
unhandled

(Emmanuelle Vanhaesendonck) #1

Hi,
I am trying to divide a curve based on a length of a line. This works with grasshopper. My problem is that gh starts to divide the curve from end point A to B, and I want to divide it from B to A. The curve is not symmetrical so i cannot just flip the result… I tried using end point and anchor to switch between start en end point, but he stays dividing from point A to B, he just also shows the line from the last peace he dvides to point B in the second case.

Someone knows how i can change he starts dividing from the other end of the curve? Thanks!

(Daniel Piker) #2

Hi,
In the definition shown in your image Kangaroo is actually not doing anything.
All the ‘show’ component does is allow the geometry to be displayed, but without any goal components to make it optimise something, the output will be the same as the input.
The division there is coming from the ‘divide distance’ component.

If you do want to divide into a given number of straight segments keeping the ends fixed you can do it like this with Kangaroo:
EqualizeSegments2.gh (16.5 KB)

If you don’t need both ends to match the ends of the input curve, then you don’t need Kangaroo - you can just use Divide Distance, and use Flip Curve if you want to start from the other end.

(Emmanuelle Vanhaesendonck) #3

@DanielPiker HI, thanks, i didn’t notice the flip command until now! So I was using the end points true Kangeroo to try to define it… just to be shure, the flip command only changes the idea that the start becomes the endpoint en versa? It doesn’t rotate, turn my curve, it doesn’t change anything to my drawn curve? :slight_smile:

(Daniel Piker) #4

the flip command only changes the idea that the start becomes the endpoint en versa? It doesn’t rotate, turn my curve, it doesn’t change anything to my drawn curve

Correct.

(Emmanuelle Vanhaesendonck) #5

Great!! Thanks!