Distributing along the curve at 45°

Hello I am trying to make a distribution of lofted pillars along a curve with them positioned at 45°.
I have managed to succesfully do it along a straight line:

However when I try and distribute them along a curve they are not all at 45 degrees to the curve.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.Fins 2.gh (9.0 MB)

Hi WBR, Can you internalise al the data and re-upload (there is a curve missing).
My first thought is, try the “perp frame” component, it can probably help you with this problem.
Smiles
Drew

Hi I have an updated file hereFins 2.gh (9.0 MB)

An interesting problem, after a bit of thinking, you have already got the curve tangents out of your “divide distance”, and that’s the key info you need. If I’ve understood the question, I think this attached version gives you what you want. I hope that helps. Drew Fins 2b Drew.gh (19.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you, this is perfect I will look through it and a try and learn all I can, it is really helpful that you have grouped and labeled each section.

I am still just getting to grips with grasshopper, I love it and it is a fascinating tool, but I still feel I very much muddle my way through. I am going to put some time aside this year to learn calculus and geometry.

Thanks again for your help, if you are interested I am modelling this roundabout in Tolworth London: