Display order in V6

I’m not going to pretend to understand how the display works behind the scenes, but here is an observation:
If I have two coincident polysurfaces, the display seems to alternate which is displayed “on top”, and is even affected by the selection of other objects. Here is a short video illustrating that:

Here is another video showing how simply selecting the objects can alter which displays “on top”:

In V5 I could control what was displayed on top with a small script that copied the “top” object in place and deleted the original.

Notice in V5 how the selection of other objects doesn’t affect the coincident polysurfaces.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan - my guess of the moment is that V5 draws the latest created object last (why your script works) and maybe V6 does not… @stevebaer - any ideas?

-Pascal

That’s what I was thinking. Even if that’s the case, I’m thinking the random toggling between displayed versions probably wasn’t intended.

There is probably a bug in our object display sorting routines. I logged a issue for this at
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-42227
but marked it as 6.x as I don’t think this should hold up shipping of 6.0