Display mode weirdness

Hi everyone,
See the attached display mode. I use it to show naked edges and front / back sides of polysurfs.

When I use this mode in Rhino 6 (SR7 2018-7-2) selected objects appear transparant (or wireframe… )
Why is that so? Is there a problem with the display mode or is it a bug in Rhino?

thanks, Tobias

NakedEdges.ini (11.8 KB)

Hi Tobias - I see this… I’ll try to sort out what’s going on…

@tobias - I see this kick in when there is a transparency setting on the backface settings…

-Pascal

Ok, thanks Pascal. So there is hope!

I think so - it is a step forward from V5 at least - here, if I add transparency to the back faces in V5, the objects disappear completely… anyway, I’ll get this on the pile for Jeff.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-47383

thanks,

-Pascal

Here it works perfectly in V5. I can select objects assigned with that d-mode and they don’t disappear when selected… digital mystic

Hi Pascal,
Are there any news about this bug? Nothing changed so far in 6 SR10…

thanks, Tobias

Hi Tobias - I only see that the item is still open. @jeff - any ideas?

-Pascal

Ideas? It’s a bug… I haven’t gotten to it yet, but I will eventually. I’ll look at it briefly now and let you know if it gets fixed.

-J

Ok, this is now fixed…

@tobias, Sorry it took so long…I didn’t realize the importance (to you), so it just never bubbled up to the top of my list… If you’re on daily build updates, you should see the fix in tomorrow’s build…if not, then you’ll have to wait for SR11.

Thanks,
-Jeff

1 Like

Thanks Jeff! Thats great news. I am on service release candidate updates. So I’ll get it soon

greetins, Tobias