[Discourse bug?] The code in this post is truncated at the end

FYI, I see sometimes that the code in the post referenced below is truncated and the last 5-10 lines are not visible. Is this a problem with Discourse?

Continuing the discussion from Surface.ClosestPoint() gives large deviations where none should exist:

Ok, in this topic it shows correctly. The original topic has the truncated code.

Yeah … we fixed the bug a while back, we just upgraded mcneel earlier this week.

The original topic to which this topic is a continuation was posted 20h ago. The upgrade was performed since then?

When I was posting the original topic, I first saw that it was wrong, I posted the last bit in a second entry. Then all of a sudden it looked OK again, so I removed the second entry. But, when I looked today, the code was again truncated.

You sure it was really fixed?

hmmm I wonder if I am confusing this with a different bug…

any chance you can reproduce this on http://try.discourse.org/ , if you can give me a clear repro I will be sure to sort it asap

@sam see try.discourse.org/t/testing-testing-123/133

it has the same problem - i just pasted the text from the original topic verbatim to try.discourse.org

aha … looks like invalid markup … you have <pre>abc<code></code></pre> I suspect its tripping our parser… in general I strongly recommend using github style code blocks, they give you lovely syntax highlighting eg:

protected override Result RunCommand(RhinoDoc doc, RunMode mode)
{
   Point3dList nort = new Point3dList(
     new Point3d( 0, 0, 0),
     new Point3d( 1, 0, 0),
     new Point3d( 2, 0, 0),
     new Point3d( 3, 0, 0),
                new Point3d(10, 0, 0)
  );
```
protected override Result RunCommand(RhinoDoc doc, RunMode mode)
{
   Point3dList nort = new Point3dList(
     new Point3d( 0, 0, 0),
     new Point3d( 1, 0, 0),
     new Point3d( 2, 0, 0),
     new Point3d( 3, 0, 0),
                new Point3d(10, 0, 0)
  );
```

Ok, my bad. I’ll use the Github style. Thanks for clearing that up :smile: