Disappointment

I am totally disapointed from Rhino 8…sorry…too much bug, for one fix fit two bugs… to slow…i have 300MB scene saved in new fast SD disk…every click or hide or show, or use snapshot, or save is terrible…10 minutes for 300MB scene…??

Hi @Chita
I’m currently handling a 3.7 GB interior scene in V8 with no problems, so safe to say that something is not working as it should on your end. As always, start by posting the full result of running the SystemInfo command in Rhino. It might be as simple as a driver in need of an update or a 3rd party plugin interfering.
-Jakob

Hi @Normand
if you have any ideas for better behavior i will be obliged to you…
SystemInfo.txt (2.9 KB)

You have four monitors attached? I don’t know what their resolutions are, but that’s a lot for your graphics card with 8Gb…

Also I might start by temporarily disabling the three plug-ins Datasmith, V-Ray and Denoiser and see if performance somehow improves.

Also, I see this: Graphics level being used: OpenGL 3.3 For max it should be 4.6, which your card/driver should be capable of.

Thank you, but 4 monitors i have before RH8 - in RH7 i have no problem…dtto with plugins.

Well, the display code is completely different in V8 than V7. So are the plug-ins.

This is greate, but i need to use this plugins for mi work…

Blockquote
Also, I see this: Graphics level being used: OpenGL 3.3 For max it should be 4.6, which your card/driver should be capable of.

yes…4.6 was most worst…

Turning off the plug-ins is useful for root cause. Does it work better with the plug-ins turned off?

No change, turn off plugins, plug-out monitors…nothing…Small scene, run “lock” or “unlock”, or some snapshot…And i can go to make coffee…

1 Like

Same scene in Rhino 7 without problems, with all monitors and plugins…
In RH8 is slow almost everithing - it is enough if I click on the materials icon and i must waiting almost 20 sec. to show material list…

I am using Rhino almost 20 years since v.3 and love him…but this version is by far the worst…:confused:

2 Likes

is it all files or just one in particular?

If it’s one (or a few) are you using lots of imported blocks?

If so, are those blocks nested several blocks deep?

If so do they need to be?

if not, explode them and then reblock only one block deep, it will violently improve the performance.

none of that apply to you?

can you please try v8.8 -
link here,
https://files.mcneel.com/dujour/exe/20240503/rhino_en-us_8.8.24124.06001.exe