Disappearing toolbars!

When is this going to be fixed? A problem since ver. 4. When, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, ???

1 Like

What, what, what, what, what, what, what, what, what, what?

SystemInfo

1 Like

When, when, when, when!!! for the love of god!

From the place yall work at every day!!!-------> https://lmgtfy.com/?q=disapearing+menus+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fdiscourse.mcneel.com

Did you miss this? ---->“A problem since ver. 4” That was 3 versions ago!!! I’m on my 5th computer for gods sake!

If you had follow the link and read the threads you would not have ask these questions!

There was more discussion on this but ole Bob deleted the whole forum after Ver. 4…

Please post the SystemInfo, a brief description of the issue and possibly (hopefully) steps to reproduce.
-wim

1 Like

Rhino 6 SR21 2019-12-17 (Rhino 6, 6.21.19351.09141, Git hash:master @ 4d373f64ffb55e3a8d607d9618590728d86fb1e9)
License type: Commercial, build 2019-12-17
License details: Stand-Alone

Windows 7 SP1 (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Machine name: SSD_FLIGHTSIM

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (NVidia) Memory: 2GB, Driver date: 1-3-2018 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 391.35

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 8-7-2015
Driver Version: 10.18.13.5382
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 3 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp “RhinoScript”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoBonusTools.rhp “Rhino Bonus Tools”
C:\Users\Cayenne\Documents\CAD\Scripts\BoltGen_1.82\BoltGen.rhp “BoltGen” 0.0.0.0
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Calc.rhp “Calc”

There is the Sysinfo not sure why, but ok…

This has happened to 4-5 different pc’s I have owned and a (at least) half a doz. other users in your forums and it just keeps getting ignored and having to be re-explained ad nauseam! Thank you very much! Not what I expect after paying you $400 on new versions that always returns to a long drawn out alpha/ beta state of buggyness then a little while of stableness and BAM! new version…but I digress…

Bob McNeel implemented some functionality into his software that lets you drop menus onto the drawing area (undocked menus) for a good reason!! I think this is a hint as to what is going on: Try to use the windows snipit tool and the menus disappear from view only showing the main Rhino window/ interface. So I Print Sc, paste, crop, and save a view of my left menus for illustration…

So, after a random number of restarts I get this:

I have the command prompt and a window with ten tabbed panels in it also undocked and these disappear too at the same time the menus disappear. I have to go into the mind numbing, convoluted options and find and place all of these undocked windows back where I like them.

Could you please fix this?
I don’t know how to repeat it, it is random unfortunately

This thing does not work! Save your toolbar setup all you want it will NOT recover after they disappear.

Well???

Hello - if the problem is toolbars disappearing when Rhino loses focus, please use the command
testHideOnDeactivate No

You can put this in your Rhino startup commands so it will always be set, as it does not get remembered between sessions.

-Pascal

Hi Cayenne,
Unfortunately this has been going on for years and there has never been a good fix, Back in V3 I already complained about what a mess the toolbars are including the editor etc, etc. ad infinitum, I finally wrote my own VBscript that saves the toolbars but creates a copy of them in a different location where Rhino does not know since as you have experienced Rhino will crush your toolbars when it goes wrong I found this to be the only safe way.
Three versions latter and countless service releases and McNeel can’t even create a decent toolbar editor or keep this from happening. Worse is they still think it works and nothing is wrong. Oh well seems like all soft is going this way.
RM

After carefully documenting the problem all you focused on was a hint???
Could you please escalate this issue ???
DISAPPEARING FLOATING DIALOGUES
DISAPPEARING UN-DOCKED MENUS
DISAPPEARING TOOLBARS
DISAPPEARING MENUS

1 Like

Yoooooo Hoooooooo!

Hello - unfortunately, this makes it hard to diagnose - as far as I know, while there are issues about toolbars that pop up from time to time, this generalized problem where the osnap toolbar, for example, also does not appear, is not showing up elsewhere. One thing to check is here (Rhino closed):

PROGRAMDATA\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\Toolbars (dc297053-96c0-4883-a688-8326b4e024a8)\settings

If there is a file in that folder, delete it.

Do you generally have one, or multiple instances of Rhino running?

-Pascal

Hi there,

I have to join up this discussion and voice my concern about the toolbars.
A lot of my colleagues, myself included are facing this issue with toolbars non-stop.
It’s super frustrating! Almost every single time I open a Rhino window, some toolbars are out of place. Not to mention the situations when I connect a new monitor to my laptop, or if I use the laptop screen only. The toolbars go crazy each time something like this happens. I wrote about this in another thread, but I was told that it is normal. From a user stand point, this is not really normal. How come that all other applications don’t get their toolbars messed up the same way… :confused: I hope that this issue gets seriously addressed in Rhino 7 at least.
Thanks!

Again for the umpteenth time, many different installs and different machines!

What about the custom toolbar group not saving or working when you try to recover your toolbars is this NOT a clue???

COULD YOU PLEASE ESCALATE THIS ISSUE?

Could you please escalate this issue?

Hello - that is a different thing from what I believe @Cayenne is complaining about - toolbars will not stay put when changing screen resolutions. Not that it should not be better, but I do believe it is not the same thing.

-Pascal

Hello - can you please check for the file I asked you about a week or so ago? It would be useful to know if that file exists, and if so, does deleting it make any difference?

-Pascal