Disabling stacked fractions by default in 6?

I suppose this is kinda a paper cut, but it’s an extremely irritating one. When opening files made in Rhino 5, with 6 the annotation styles are always changed to stacked fractions. This frequently makes dimensioned drawings unreadable and requires a bunch of clicks to turn off stacking on several annotation styles. Is there any way to make this not happen? It seems like the default should be non stacked fractions as it’s been in previous releases.

Those setting are initially set through the template file you’re using.

You can make the modifications you want to a new file then save it as a template, then when you start a new model, use it and get your desired initial settings like using stacked fractions or not.

I have updated my template file so that everything is set to no stacked fractions and it’s been working great for new files. But existing files from 5 are still a problem, if I understand correctly the template file has no effect on existing files.

Yeah… I don’t know what is possible here, I’ll put it on the pile for the developer to look at, it might be simple enough to tune up, I just don’t know, that stuff is pretty complicated now.

@CountryGolden - here’s a quick Python that may save some pain for now

import Rhino
import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs
import scriptcontext as sc

def UnStackFractions():
    noStack = Rhino.DocObjects.DimensionStyle.StackDisplayFormat.None
    styles  = sc.doc.DimStyles

for style in styles:
        id = style.Id
        style.StackFractionFormat = noStack
        styles.Modify(style, id, True)

sc.doc.Views.Redraw()

if __name__ == "__main__": UnStackFractions()

I’ll attach it as a py file as well. If it does the right thing, you can point an alias (Options > Aliases) to the script like so’

! _-RunPythonScript "Full path to py file inside double quotes"

UnStackFractions.py (440 Bytes)

-Pascal

Thanks pascal, getting it down to one click will make things way easier! I’m sure as time passes and projects get finished it will become less and less of an issue on my end.

Hi there, any updates on the stacked fractions as a quick change option in v6? I can’t even figure out where to change them from stacked to side by side.

Hi - is it the Document Properties > Annotation Styles > [Your Style] > Length units > Fraction stacking format setting that you are looking for?
-wim

Oh man, I missed that! Yes that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!