Dimension location from where I first clicked...how?

Hi,
V4
This has annoyed me for yonks !
I normally draw a line where I want the dimension to go (run along), then use that line to place my start point, I then enter a distance and hit enter then click line to set the direction then click line again to set the location. I then delete the line.

That way I dont get asymetrical extensions at arrow tip.

Is it possible to make the dimension location to be where the first click of the command goes ? Thus saving me drawing a line ?

Steve

I don’t understand this yet… The first point of your dimension should be where you click… are you looking for the ‘From’ osnap? or AlongLine? Got an example?

thanks

-Pascal

Hi,
Jing video attached…um…no…it says file type disallowed.
How do i attach a jing then ?

First dimension I try to find the spot I clicked to get a perfect no bitty arrow end.
second dimension I draw a line to assist, now the arrow end is exactly where I first started the command. I get a T end.
I am after neat arrow ends,
I even try the options Vertical and horizontal but dimension vanishes.

I would like it that you choose dimension…

1. click for where you want the arrow tip
  2. type dimension length ( this for known dimensions I need to draw) and hit neter then click to set direction
  3. hit a keyboard key to set the location where I first clicked in 1.

as it is one can go up and down withiout knowing where that click was, and end up with a bitty end to the arrow, By bitty I mean the extension lines can be different lengths etc. I am after a neat end. I want an end where snapping to it snaps to the arrow tip, not something a fraction of an mm away, when it finds the extension line end. I want to have things snap to the arrow end, so I need my arrow tip with no extension line either side of it.

Steve

I didn’t reply to the original post as I didn’t understand at all what this is about. I still don’t.

See this thread:

Also, for me who doesn’t have English as a native language, I notice that a bit more attention to capitalization, punctuation, and spelling often helps me deciphering posts…