Dimension lines: I cannot delete them

That’s interesting.
Lock Children should be a file saved setting.
Opening the file on a different computer should show the same behavior and did not.
Hmmm…

Hmm, I was always under the impression that all history related settings were global…

Apparently you are correct. It’s a good thing I don’t produce models for a living me thinks.

Me not anymore either… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What is a file saved setting, please? How do I change this? Should I change this?

Thank you.

There are two types of ‘settings’ in Rhino:

• ones that are Document Properties - those that concern only the file you are currently working in, like units, dimension and hatch styles etc.
  • ones that are Options and act globally for all Rhino instances like background color, file paths, etc.

In Windows Rhino they are in the same dialog window, but are labeled ‘Document Properties’ and ‘Options’. On Mac they are called ‘Settings’ and "‘Preferences’ respectively and are in different sections.

You do not need to do anything in this case, except deactivating the lock children setting in the status bar.

@Stanley
Run the Options command.
Notice there are two main categories in the TOC:

• Document Properties - Settings stored in the 3DM file and initially populated by the Template file you used
  • Rhino Options - Settings stored in the Rhino applications on that specific computer

You can not change these on the fly.

Does that help?

Hi Helvetosaur and John,

Good very helpful. Thank you so much.

Stanley

I was struggling with similar problem again - I could not delete any dimensions. When I encountered this problem the first time, nobody in this forum could help me for several months. The solution is the same - unlock history child objects. I believe that this is a bug.